Without any doubt, keywords play an important role in SEO. These questions may come in your mind “How Can I rank this keyword” or “How to rank keywords without backlinks“, Improve Google Ranking without backlinks.
In this article, you will know answers to above questions and how to use tools for keyword research.
Basically, the mistake some SEOs do, they think that backlinks are enough or they are everything. In result, they start doing spamming for links and their websites got penalized. Backlinks are not enough and content is best on its place. Some folks outside say that SEO without backlinks is not possible but according to me, the extend is never constant!
We still do understand that how important are backlinks. They’re are not dead, actually you need to know where and when you should build backlinks. First of all, you have to do a deep keyword research. If you do research then you will know the following thing:
- How to find a good keyword?
- Can I rank this keyword?
- If not, then find another keyword.
- If yes, then how I rank that keyword.
- That keyword will rank with backlinks or not.
- If backlinks are needed then how many.
- And, how to get backlinks.
Now, we should move to the article. Read below
How To Rank Keywords Without Backlinks
Here are the steps to rank without creating backlinks:
- Finding a Gold Mine of Keywords
- Determine Their difficulty accordingly
- Write SEO Friendly Content
1. Find A Good Keyword
As you know that, content is king in the world of SEO and you know like content keywords are also important. This combination is like a fish without water.
I can say, there is no such thing like SEO if there are no keywords.
First of all, you have to find a keyword which you can rank. Here are some of the tools which you can use to find some good keywords.
Google Keyword Planner: This tool is most used for finding keywords. Google Keyword planner contains all features for a good keyword research. Let’s use this tool. Access Google Keyword planner tool. For finding keywords, enter your topics. and click on get ideas. You find some keywords with their details.
Google Related Search: This is a method to generate long tail keywords. Just enter any query into Google and then scroll to end of the page. You will see some related search terms. These terms can be used as your keywords. Just simply copy them and check their search volume and competition on Google Keyword Planner. Here is a screenshot showing related search terms.
Long Tail Keywords: Long Tail keywords are better than short keywords. Short keywords have a search volume of million, but their competition is too high that you can’t get traffic from them. Long tail keywords are easy to rank because they have low competition. Their search volume is less, but you can rank on page1 and get the most of the traffic. Read our article 5 ways to find long tail keywords.
2. Determine: Can Rank With That Keyword
This is the most important step of this article. You have found the keyword. Now, you have to check competition of the keyword. Follow these steps:
First find competition and keyword difficulty using some tool. Some of these tools are:
- Moz Keyword Difficulty and SERP Analysis Tool
- Google Keyword Planner – it also shows search volume and competition.
Find your competition using the above tools and then check if competition is low then continue to next step. If high then find another keyword. Basically, 20/100 score of keyword difficulty is considered as easy to rank and 35 will also work.
You may check my guide about finding organic keywords with SEMrush.
Now, if your keyword difficulty score is low then continue to next step.
- Install SEQuake and MozBar
- Enter your keyword in Google
- You will see top 10 pages
- Check their DA and PA
- If their domain authority and page authority are higher than your website then you need backlinks to rank that keyword.
- You can say it’s a way to find gaps in that keyword and you have to fill that gap.
If top 10 websites of a keyword have low DA and PA then it will be easy to rank and you can do without backlinks. That’s how you can rank keywords without backlinks.
Step 3 (Not important):
Now, you know that you can rank with the keyword you have selected. As you know that On-page SEO is also more important. If your competitors in the keyword don’t have correctly done the On-page SEO then that’s a good news for you.
- Type your keyword on Google.
- Now check top 10 pages.
- First check their title, is that containing keyword.
- Now check their meta description.
- Scan for keywords in content and also check for important factors.
- If you found no page correctly on SEO then it’s your good luck.
Can you rank with that keyword: The above steps explained to check keyword. Now, if keyword difficulty is low then search Google for that keyword. If have told you that install SEQuake and MozBar. After that check DA and PA of the top 10 results. If their PA is less than your website then you can get a space in top 10.
3. SEO Content
Now, you have to turn your keywords into content. Here are some tips:
- Write your keyword in Title Tag.
- Write your keyword in meta description.
- Write at least 2000 words long article for best results.
- Use keyword in first 100 words.
- Use keyword in URL of the article.
- Avoid keyword stuffing.
- Don’t create 10 pages for a keyword (Means don’t make many articles for just one keyword).
- Proper use of headings and paragraph
- Use attractive images on your article (at least 2)
- Here is an article which may help you in SEO tips.
How Ranking Keywords Without Backlinks is possible
Everything is explained above but here is an overview.
First of all you have to find good keywords which have low competition and high search volume. Check for competition on that keyword and check can you rank on that keyword. If your PA and DA is higher than you can rank easily without backlinks but if you are seeing your page on page 3 or 4 then you can create backlinks and push to page 1.
Today, you have learned many things. Now let’s revise:
- First use Google Keyword Planner or other tools to find keywords.
- Then check can you rank with that keywords? For checking this, use tools to check keyword difficulty and keyword competition.
- After that, If you found a low competition keyword then search Google For that Keyword and observe top pages.
- If there DA and PA are less than your website, then you can rank well without backlinks. If domain authority of other sites is high and page authority is low then your website will also rank well.
Now, you have learned too much thing for free. If you have any question then please comment below, I would love to hear you. If you found any mistake in this article then please comment.
Share This Article